Everything you need to stay on top
As Business ToolBox Services are provided by Component Partners, we will need to disclose and provide your personal data to our Component Partners in order for them to provide their Component Services to you. Once that personal data has been provided to our Component Partners, they will be solely responsible for the security and privacy of that data in accordance with their own privacy policies which can be found on their websites. This is consistent with our role as an aggregator of the Component Services.
In addition, we will need to process your personal data in order to complete your registration with us, to maintain details of the Primary Users and Authorised Users, to provide basic technical support around account access and the use of the Services provided within Business ToolBox and to comply with our other obligations to you. Where you have ticked that you are a customer of or bank with Lloyds Bank on Registration, we will share details of the fact that you have registered to take Business ToolBox Services with them and will also keep them informed of the level or package or services that you take and the amount that you pay us for these services. Our Component Partners provide "software as a service" type services. This means that any personal data relating to your own clients, customers, users or business or any other data for which you use any Component Services, or which is held in the Component Services, will be hosted and held by our Component Partners and not by us. Such data will be held by our Component Partners on the terms of their EULA's and privacy policies and they will be responsible for its privacy and security.
You are fully responsible for bringing to the attention of your own users and customers and other third parties that their personal data may be held by our Component Partners. Neither Business ToolBox, nor any Component Partner is responsible for your compliance with relevant law or legislation or for advising on what steps you need to take in this respect. In particular, you should note that ElectricMail LP (International) hosts personal data in Canada (which is a white list country for UK data protection purposes) and that Intuit,Inc. hosts personal data in the USA and is a member of the Safe Harbor Scheme.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information that you provide on registering as a user/opening a new account on our site, which may include your name, email address, geographical address, telephone numbers, country of registration, password and user name. To register at our site and to see the current details that we ask for on registration, please go to https://toolbox.lloydsbank.com/signup.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication or correspondence.
- Any information or material that you post on or submit to our site including information in your personal profile, responses to Q & A, information in your blogs and in email or other communications you communicate via or post on our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and resources that you access.
- Statistical information which may not reveal your personal identity, for example the results of on-line surveys or information about your computer.
- Information we receive about your Internet use such as your IP address, other sites that you link to or access through our site, information relating to your browser and any ISP that you use.
- We may monitor or record phone calls with you in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly, to resolve queries or issues, for regulatory purposes, to help improve our quality of service, and to help detect or prevent fraud or other crimes. Conversations may also be monitored for staff training purposes.
We may use the information held about you in the following ways:
Ourselves/access by other users of our site
- To notify you of changes in the services we provide.
- To administer your account with us and to allow you to use the interactive features of our site.
- To customise the services we provide to you.
- To enable us to serve you with advertisements that we consider will be of interest to you.
- Responding to your enquiries and complaints.
Information that you share with others via our site (for example in a public area of our site or by email) will also be available to us and to those others (where it is in a public area) or by us and by anyone else to whom it is sent or to whom you have given permission to access it (in the case of email and other non - public communications). We also give you the means to control whether or not your contact information submitted to non - public areas of our site is shared with another user.
In order for you to receive some of the services available from our site (for example to apply for a loan or bank account or to use other services which we make available in conjunction with third parties, such as company formation and domain name reservation services), we will need to share the information with our third party partners or service providers who provide those services and the payment processing companies we use to process any payments that you make.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes, except to selected partners of Business ToolBox with whom we work closely and to other selected third parties whom we consider provide services or products which may be of interest to you. Such partners and others may use your information for some or all of the following purposes:
- In order to provide, contact or advise you in relation to any services about which you have requested information.
- information For analysing the user base and user profile of our site and related services for their internal purposes in order to support the services that they are able to offer to the users of our site.
- To contact you with information and materials which they consider may be useful to you, including information about products and services they provide from time to time and information about events, deals and offers.
- To provide market commentary and to invite you to participate in research or surveys that they carry out from time to time .
We may need to disclose your information for business purposes such as the sale of a part of our business or a corporate reorganisation. In those circumstances we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information when we pass it on to the relevant third party.
To comply with money laundering regulations, there are times when we need to confirm (or reconfirm) the name and address of our customers. This information may be shared with our group companies.
Making sure we deliver excellent customer service is very important to us and to do this various methods of communication may be used when sending you information about your account. We and our third party partners will only contact you by Email, SMS, post, telephone or other means when it is believed to be appropriate if you have consented to this. You can ask us to change our communication medium at any time. Additionally, in extraordinary circumstances (such as natural disaster or civil unrest) we may also send you updates by text message or email. If we decide to use email to contact you, we will only do this if we have ensured that using email will not put your information at risk, or, if you have requested we email you, that we have explained the risks of sending an "insecure" email and that you are happy to accept that risk.
We, our partners and our Group companies will use your personal information so we can provide you with products and services that may be relevant and of interest to you.
We might contact you by mail, telephone, email, or text message unless you have asked us not to. We may also display personalised messages when you use our online service. You can change your preferences at any time by calling us, writing to us, contacting us.
Your personal profile
In order to add other users of our site as contacts you need to provide us with their names and email addresses which we will only use for the purposes of adding them as contacts.
Your Contacts and other Users
If you and another user have made contact with each other via our site, then any information that you provide to that other user will be available to that other user and any use of that information by that user or anyone obtaining information from that user will be outside our control.
Blogs/Chatrooms/Wikis and Responses to Q&A and other Public Areas
If you submit or post material to any blog, forum, chatroom, response to Q & A or any other area of this site (other than your personal profile), that information will be publicly available to anyone who accesses our site. We have no control over the use that any such users may make of that information and you may be at risk of receiving spam or unsolicited emails. You should not upload any material to the public areas of our site unless you are happy for it to be publicly available.
Changing or Controlling Your Information and Termination of your Account
You can edit and make changes to the information you have submitted to us for your profile or which is publicly available by following the relevant steps on our site.
You have the ability to control the messages you receive from Lloyds Business ToolBox and other users and the means of sending them by following the steps on our site.
You may terminate your registration with us at any time by following the steps on our site. After termination of your registration, we may retain certain information if we are required to do so or for other legitimate business purposes. Any data or information we retain about you will continue to be dealt with under the terms and provisions of this policy.
All countries in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the UK, have similar standards of legal protection for your personal information. We may run your accounts and provide other services from centres outside the EEA that do not have a similar standard of data protection laws to the UK. If so, we will require your personal information to be protected to at least UK standards. Our service providers may process and store your personal information abroad and may have to disclose it to foreign authorities to help them in their fight against crime and terrorism. If these are based outside the EEA, your personal information may not be protected to standards similar to those in the UK.
If you have any concerns or queries in relation to this policy or any other matter relating to our site and, please contact us at email@example.com.
Organisations must lodge a notification with their Regulator describing the purposes for which they process personal information. The details are publicly available from the Regulator's office and you can view ours at ico.org.uk.
By registering for Business ToolBox, you agree to your personal information being used in the ways we describe. Please contact us if you have any questions.